DeTraS icons contest
As you may notice, although I’ve been working on DeTraS for almost a year, our project doesn’t have an icon to put on the application and our pages. I could make some kind of icon by myself, but I’m not very good with Photoshop, Gimp or Inkscape, so it would be probably ugly.
These are the conditions and terms of the contest:
- You have to provide an icon for DeTraS, that is, an icon to be used for the set of tools provided by DeTraS.
- Icons have to be available using a copyleft license and you have to give modification permission to DeTraS team.
- The winner have to provide icon sources to DeTraS team, i.e. files you’ve created and that you use to edit the icon.
- Icon properties:
- Resolution: 512x512px.
- Transparent background.
- SVG or PNG format (the former one is preferred).
- No offensive images are allowed.
- Only original works are allowed. I wouldn’t like to find any rip or copy.
- You can submit your icon just commenting on this post with a link to the image. Please be sure to write your real E-mail address on your comment, because I’ll use that address to contact you if you are the winner.
- The contest will be open until Saturday 8 January, 2011 at 00:00 (CET).
These are the prices you could win:
- The winner icon will be used as DeTraS project image and it will appear on DeTraS tools.
- Winner’s name (or nickname) and a link to a website of his choice will be placed on “about” windows of DeTraS tools and in README file.
- I will create a “Hall of Fame” page on this blog. The winner will be included on that page and he can place a link there too.
- I would like to give the winner some real gift, but my economical situation is not very good. I will do my best to give him some small present, but I can’t guarantee anything.
- If there are many contestants (more than 10), I’ll pick three icons by myself and there will be an open poll to choose the best one.
- if there are 10 or less contestants, I’ll pick the best one IMHO.
I think everything is clear, but please feel free to ask any doubt in the comments.
Filed under: Contests | Leave a Comment